Sister Clifford Week #30 In Alabama: "BYE SIS BOND!!! :("

Hello family and friends!!! 

  WELL, first off, it is sadly time to say bye to Sister Bond!!! This transfer seriously flew by and we are so sad about it. Sisters only stay together one transfer in Columbiana, because we only stay here for a total of 2 transfers (12 weeks), since we work at the courthouse everyday! Sister Bond is an incredible missionary and I am so grateful for her. We have become best friends this transfer and I am praying that we get put together as comps again ;) She is incredible! The Lord knew I needed her. She's amazing. 

   BUT, my new companion's name is Sister Anderson and she is so awesome!!! I am so excited to serve with her in Columbiana. We actually talked before the mission and she is the BEST! I am stoked. It's going to be a great transfer :) I am picking her up in Hoover on Wednesday morning and I can't wait! 
    
   Anyways, this week went by in about 1 minute. Time is seriously flying! It's crazy! Sister Bond and I were featured in the County news paper this week & it was so cool to hear them talk about sister missionaries and the impact we are making at the courthouse! They also put in a picture of us and showed our name-tags and everything. It was awesome! 

   We sadly haven't been able to see Ty this week because she has been really sick ;( BUT we are planning on seeing her tomorrow so we are excited about that! We also have a new investigator named Ashley, who we are planning on going back and seeing this week! She is a young mom of a 6 year old girl, and she is so sweet!!! She had met with the sisters in Columbiana before, BUT we just recently got back in touch with her. She asked about church too, right off the bat! She is so sweet. 

    This week we also had the opportunity to have dinner at the Methodist church in downtown Columbiana and it was so awesome y'all! The people here have so much Faith in Jesus Christ and it is so amazing to meet them, interact with them and hear their testimonies of God. It is a serious treat to be a missionary in the South. We also have a meeting tomorrow morning at the First Baptist church downtown, so that should be exciting ;) 

    Sister Bond and I love all the volunteers/staff that come into the courthouse! We have become so close with Bruce, who I talked about in my email a few weeks ago! He has been asking so many questions about the church and is heart broken that we are only staying together one transfer :( We fasted for him yesterday and we really want to be able to teach him. He is so prepared and so sweet to us! He even brought us in treats this week. He's amazing! Cute Sister Bond had the idea to give him a letter this week thanking him for all that he has done for us. He is so special! I wish everyone could meet him. 
  
   Saturday was super fun! We worked at the pancake breakfast that the County puts on and it is always so much fun! We love it! The people in Columbiana are so sweet! I love them. 

Anyways, so much happening lately! Something that Sister Bond and I have really reflected on this week is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is one of the biggest blessings our Heavenly Father has given to us. Jesus Christ's Atonement is so much more than repentance. It brings hope, comfort, peace, and allows us to live with our families again. It has been the ultimate thing that is helping me to complete what I have been called to do.  I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father. They give me the strength to keep going and press on. I love them so much. 
Until next week, 
much love. ​
XOXOXO
Sister Skylar Clifford 
P.S. We go to church on Egg & Butter Road.. it's legit. ​

Comments

Popular Posts