Sister Clifford: Week #29 in Alabama: "Some Weeks are Harder Than Others"

Sister Clifford: Week #29 in Alabama: "Some Weeks are Harder Than Others"

Hi family & friends!!! 

  I miss you all! Well, this week was definitely a tough one. A week that makes you really think about your purpose as a missionary and why you are here. BUT it also becomes a week that makes you push harder, work better and makes you stronger! I have really realized this week how powerful my relationship with my Heavenly Father has become on my mission. I have no clue what I would do without prayer. It is such a blessing that we have been given and our Heavenly Father wants us to use it!!! 24/7. He is there for us and wants us to talk to Him. 

   This week I finished the Book of Mormon and wow, I am so grateful for it. There is a powerful spirit that comes when reading it as a full-time representative of Jesus Christ. As I finished up Moroni (the last book in the Book of Mormon) I reflected a lot on the teachings and lessons we can learn while reading the Book of Mormon. At the closing of the Book of Mormon, the prophet Moroni is inscribing the final words of the Book of Mormon on the golden plates. He was all alone and He had seen and watched his nation, and his people, and his family all fall away. He was surrounded by wars and wickedness. BUT he still had hope because he saw our day. Out of all the things he could've told us when closing the record, he invited us all to REMEMBER. That is a big thing I have realized this week; how important it is to remember. Yes, it is important to remember to read our scriptures, say our prayers and go to church. BUT it is even more crucial that we remember Him in all that we do. While on Earth, the Savior set the perfect example for all of us to follow He most importantly LOVED everyone He came in contact with. As we take time each week to REMEMBER Him, I know that our desire to follow Him will grow. 

       "He welcomes you back to the sacrament table each week, once again offering you the chance to witness before Him that you will always remember Him"- President Henry B. Eyring

   It's been a good week here in Columbiana. A week that pushes me to be better and remember the important things, like our Savior. We have lots of awesome things coming up this week. Awesome appointments and lot's of new people coming into the courthouse to help us with the indexing project. We are excited! It's going to be awesome. 
I am grateful for missionary work and the love I feel from my Father in Heaven, each day. I love you all!!! SO MUCH. 
Have an awesome week and stay blessed. 

xoxox 
sister skillz ​

Comments

Popular Posts